Release: InCatalog 4/5/18.104.22.168 for InDesign CS2/CS3/CS4
These notes cover all the InCatalog 4/5/6 release series.
Changes at 4/5/22.214.171.124 release
- A visual indicator (a big red question mark) is now added to every picture frame that is updated, but fails to load an image (i.e., when the linked picture can’t be found). Information is also added to the affected picture frame such that the Links panel can be used to later find and reload the missing picture.
- Fixed a problem where changes to data settings (like delimiters and encoding) could cause .x files to become invalid or corrupt. Changes to data settings should now cause the .x file to be automatically regenerated.
- Fixed a long-standing problem where InDesign’s typographer quotes, if left enabled, would interfere with the updating of quotes in plain-text and unquoted tagged text fields. InCatalog now automatically disables InDesign’s typographer quotes for updates.
- Fixed a problem where, in edge cases involving spread updates and multiple linked text frames, only part of a table might be updated.
Changes at 4/5/126.96.36.199 release
- Fixed a problem where updating a styled price could cause its link marker to disappear. Links are now maintained through any character or paragraph style changes that a price style might apply.
- Fixed a problem where updating a styled price with an empty field would cause its link marker to disappear. Such empty styled price links are now preserved with a placeholder character.
- For Windows 7, Vista and XP users with administrative privileges, the plug-in’s registration information is once again stored in the registry under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Em Software, where it will be available for all users of the machine. Registration information for users lacking administrative privileges remains in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Em Softwarewhere it will be available only to that user.
Changes at 4/5/188.8.131.52 release
- Fixed a problem where pictures specified as being relative to the document’s file weren’t being found for “converted” documents (those templates and documents from previous versions of InDesign).
- Fixed a problem where the presence of an aliased folder in a partial picture path would cause the picture to not be found.
For example, a picture specified with the path
":Food Pix:1 Broccoli.jpg"will now import properly even when
"Food Pix"is a folder alias rather than an actual folder. (Mac OS X only)
Changes at 4/5/184.108.40.206 release
- Worked around a Mac-only problem where some ODBC drivers were overwriting memory, causing the loss of characters in large updates and general instabilities that could lead to crashes.
- Fixed a problem where fitting large images into small frames could leave the image too large after bumping up against our previous 10% scaling limit. InCatalog now allows the scaling of pictures down to 0.1%.
Changes at 4/5/220.127.116.11 release
- Fixed a problem where updating an InDesign Tagged link could result in the loss of the text’s font style.
Changes at 4/5/18.104.22.168 release
- Fixed a problem where catalog links could not be removed via scripting. (CS4 only)
Changes at 4/5/22.214.171.124 release
- The file paths of tagged pictures are now exported properly in CS4.
- Text-based links marked as InDesign Tagged no longer disappear when updated with empty data.
- Fixed a problem with the log dialog which was preventing it from displaying long ODBC error messages.
- Fixed a problem with the log dialog which preventing it from displaying the number of remaining errors. (Windows only)
Changes at 4/5/6.2.6 release
- Added support for InDesign CS4, including IDML import & export.
- Fixed a problem where changing the tagger’s hot keys in InCatalog > Preferences > User Interface could often result in an error message.