Release: WordsFlow 1.1 for InDesign CS5/CS5.5/CS6
This release of WordsFlow offers simpler options for placing files with WordsFlow, introduces major improvements to Excel file tracking and table merging, and improves the overall quality of the merge process.
We’ve moved the main WordsFlow menu to the File menu and added dedicated Place with WordsFlow… and Place without WordsFlow… entries to help make which action you’re about to select a bit more obvious. This change allowed us to remove the toggling File > Place without WordsFlow… entry (or was it File > Place with WordsFlow…?), which should remove a major point of confusion when placing linked documents.
The File > Place… action continues to work as it did before: if the import produces a link (as determined by the document’s Create Links When Placing Text and Spreadsheet Files preference), WordsFlow will manage that link. If it’s not clear what File > Place… will produce, then please use the Place options within the WordsFlow menu.
If you use the normal command/control-D shortcut for File > Place… and want to always use WordsFlow for placement, you can assign that shortcut to File > WordsFlow > Place with WordsFlow…. Or you can assign an alternate shortcut to the latter, so you can invoke either a non-linking place or a linking place with a single keystroke.
- Moves the WordsFlow menu to the File menu and adds dedicated Place with WordsFlow… and Place without WordsFlow… actions.
- Improves the handling of text differences where only the case has changed.
- Improves greatly the handling of tables, table movement, row/column movement, and cell movement and spanning during updates.
- Improves the handling of updates with linked documents whose styling has been lost or reset by preserving the InDesign-applied styling.
- Fixes a problem where updates of unformatted Excel tables placed with drag’n’drop could fail.
- Fixes a problem where updating a copy of a linked Excel/Word document could produce unexpected results.
- Fixes a problem which was preventing stories placed from a loaded place gun into an existing frame from being managed.
- Addresses an issue where index entries could, in rare instances, be lost during updates.
- Addresses an issue where updating a document containing cross-references could cause InDesign to shut down.
- Fixes a problem where table cell attributes could be lost during an update.
- Fixes a problem where updating with common changes in both the InDesign story and the linked document could cause InDesign to shut down.