Release: InData 1.2 for InDesign 1
This release fixes a whole bunch of early-product-life bugs.
Changes at 1.2 release
- Putting styled text that ends with a hyphen (e.g.,
"abc-") no longer causes InDesign to hang.
- Fixed an intermittent crash when trying to display InData’s preference dialog.
- Fixed a problem where some of the prototype’s character attributes might not be applied correctly.
- Fixed problems with
boxfit) and image positioning/sizing where the operation could occasionally be ignored or fail.
- Fixed a problem with loops where errors occuring inside the loop wouldn’t terminate execution of the prototype. (Instead, you’d see the error dialog for each record.)
- Absolute Windows paths are no longer treated like Mac paths and converted to Windows paths. E.g.,
"c:\pictures\mypic.tif"was being converted to
"\c\\pictures\mypic.tif", resulting in a missing picture report. (Windows only)
- Pressing the InData panel’s cancel button before starting a job no longer causes a crash.
boxinfostatement now correctly returns page and spread umbers that start at 1 (one).
- Characters preceeding an inline object and sharing the same character formatting as the inline are no longer dropped.
- Paragraph styles are now applied only when the paragraph’s terminating return is encountered (which is how Xdata, InData’s sister product, works).
Changes at 1.1 release
- Fixed Convert vertical tab to: Shift-Return, as VTs were incorrectly becoming indent-to-heres.
- Fixed VT and CR conversion to Nothing.
- Added InCatalog link tag support.
- Fixed the text insertion point for back-to-back runs when externally scripted.
- The InData dialog is now closed immediately when externally scripted.
- Fixed potential crash that can occur when an InData document is saved on a machine without InData and then is re-opened on a machine with InData (InDesign 1.5 & 1.5.2).
- Saved documents containing InData information no longer cause a warning to be issued when opened on machines without InData.
- Failed picture imports no longer cause multiple error messages.
- Headers/footers update no longer fails when the selection is in overset text.
- Fixed program hang if error encountered during headers/footers update.
boxfitpicture positioning directive (which had been ignoring margins).
- First record is header (ignore) import option no longer ignores more than just the first record (was ignoring 1st, 3rd, 5th, …).
- Fixed potential crash when opening data file on Windows.
- Fixed headers/footers update crash when Last on Spread is selected.
- Added support for Pi-type fonts.
- Fixed problem that was slowing data import if the cursor wasn’t left over the import dialog.