Release: Xcatalog 6/7/8.3.4 for QuarkXPress 6/7/8
This release adds picture positioning options, improves compatibility with legacy documents and fixes issues with subfields and the ODBC Login dialog.
- Added picture positioning options for sizing the box to its contained image. The tagger palette now sports positioning entries for “Size box to picture” and “Fit picture to box width, then size box to picture height”. Note that all box resizing is performed relative to the box’s upper-left corner.
- Added the script parameter
DD set overriddento give scripted updates the option of temporarily ignoring a document’s associated DD set. (Mac OS only)
- Changed our DD validation policy to consider DD names with no file extension equivalent to the same DD filename with a “.txt” or “.dd” extension. This should improve the compatibility of older documents tagged with an extension-less DD with newer OSes that require filename extensions. For example, a document originally populated with links from a DD named “mydd” could now be updated by a DD named “mydd.txt”.
- Fixed the picture positioning options “Upper left” and “Centered”, which weren’t resetting the picture’s scale to 100%.
- Fixed a problem introduced in 6/7/8.3.2 where the ODBC Login dialog wouldn’t be displayed if only a password was needed. (Pro only)
- Fixed a problem with subfield extraction, where extracting a subfield to a previously empty data field would cause a crash.
- Fixed a long-standing problem with getting and setting the last subfield of a field, if the existing subfield was empty.