Release: WordsFlow 2.0 for InDesign CS5–CC2014
We’re delighted to announce the release of WordsFlow 2.0, which adds Pro-level features that, like DocsFlow Pro, complete the workflow cycle and make WordsFlow fully two-way. With the Pro version, you can now update your Word documents in place from the latest linked InDesign story contents, and you can export’n’link any InDesign story to a new Word document as well.
We’ve updated the online WordsFlow user guide to cover all the new 2.0 Pro-level goodies. Please check there for detailed documentation and usage tips.
- Adds support for a two-way workflow by allowing a story to be saved back to its linked Word document in place using File > WordsFlow > Update Linked Document. (Pro only)
- Adds support for exporting a story to a newly-created and automatically-linked file using File > WordsFlow > Export with WordsFlow…. (Pro only)
- Adds support for exporting text as Microsoft Word 2007-format (
.docx) files. (Pro only)
- Adds support for importing text from and exporting text to Open Document Text (
.odt) files. (Pro only)
- Updates support for spreadsheets to require a Pro-level license.
This is a free upgrade for all users, even though it’s a major release.
Further, since we always like to thank our early users, so if you purchased WordsFlow before June 28, 2014 (when we announced the forthcoming 2.0), you can request a free upgrade Pro upgrade from a non-Pro license in an email to email@example.com. Please include your current license in the email.
This is actually version 2.0.3, and the next bug-fix level version would be 2.0.4, but we needed to emphasize the newness of the version in the headline.
It may be a bit confusing, since we jumped from version 1.3 to version 2.0 while simultaneously announcing a new Pro version of WordsFlow. Basically, version 2.0 replaces version 1.3 for non-Pro, and introduces the Pro level. However, there’s only one downloaded plugin—like DocsFlow and InCatalog, a Pro license unlocks the Pro features of the single WordsFlow plugin (i.e., there is no Pro download).