Release: Xcatalog 3.8 for QuarkXPress 9/10/2015
This release removes the antiquated requirement that DD sets always match, fixes a corruption issue with Xcatalog snapshot index files (.x files), and addresses various issues with odbc, price styles, and the UI.
- Does away with the requirement that the selected DD’s set (as determined by the DD’s containing folder’s name) always be the same as the DD set used to create the document. This change in Xcatalog’s long-standing policy removes the need to hold down the Alt/Option key when selecting a DD file that’s in a different folder. (In effect, the Alt/Option key is now always held down automatically.)
- Remembers the last data export’s file extension in the Create Data Snapshot dialog.
- Fixes an odbc problem when updating from a Unicode-encoded source (for which the DD specifies
%"Unicode") that could produce an incomplete field or generate a “Failed to decode returned SQL value” error.
- Fixes a corruption issue introduced in the 3.7 release that could cause updates from data snapshot files to fail with missing keys. If you start receiving inexplicable missing key errors, please close the data file and delete its associated .x file (found in the data file’s folder). When next used, the data file should no longer produce missing key errors.
- Fixes key generation of key-from-contents links from Unicode text. Unicode control characters (like Word Joiner) are now ignored and Unicode whitespace characters (like 3-per-Em, Thin, and Hair Space) are now converted to a (single, regular) space.
- Fixes the
^Fprice style placeholder so that it no longer suppresses leading zeros after a decimal point (
^.) or after a use of the price’s whole part (
- Fixes the initial display of check marks in the Data Source and Data Destination sub-menus.
- Fixes a problem where the Log dialog’s summary could show up empty.
- Fixes the display of long snapshot file paths in the Data Linker palette. (QuarkXPress 10 & 2015, Windows only)