Release: Xcatalog 3.6 for QuarkXPress 9/10
This release of Xcatalog adds support for QuarkXPress 10 (Windows only, for the moment), discontinues support for QuarkXPress 8, and includes a number of improvements.
- Adds support for QuarkXPress 10 (Windows only, for now). The QuarkXPress 10 XTension requires a valid Xcatalog 10-level license. Please contact our sales department to purchase an upgrade license or to obtain a free upgrade if you purchased Xcatalog within the last six months.
- Removes support for QuarkXPress 8. Download links for Xcatalog 3.5.4, the final version for QuarkXPress 8, can be found in the side-bar on the Xcatalog 3.5.4 Release page. While we will no longer fix problems in or add features to this older version, we will continue to support the people using it.
- Fixes direct connections to FileMaker Pro 13. (Mac only)
- Fixes a problem where pictures that used to update from FileMaker Pro container fields started producing “error -1700” (coercion failure) with the Xcatalog 3.1.1 release.
- Adds .mer as as snapshot file type for FileMaker Pro 12 compatibility.
- Adds a tagger palette warning for when a link’s indirect key can’t be found, which indicates that there’s no link with a direct key (key from link or key from content) within reach of the link with the indirect key (key from group or key from text) and that the indirect link will fall back to using its own key (key from link).
- Switches back to the OS’s native 8-bit encoding if Unicode was selected as the update’s encoding but the incoming (narrow) text doesn’t appear to be valid UTF-8. This change should mean that an encoding no longer needs to be specified for normal ODBC connections (which default to Unicode/UTF-8).
- Fixes a problem where the Xcatalog preference for the selected change marks style would revert to underline.