Release: InData 2.3 for InDesign CS5–CC2015
This release adds support for just-released InDesign CC 2015, abandons Extension Manager CC in favor of, for now, a manual installation procedure (see below), improves file path handling, and fixes a few additional problems.
- Adds support for InDesign CC 2015. The CC 2015 plug-in requires a valid InData CC 2015-level license. Please contact our sales department to purchase an upgrade license from a pre-CC 2015 plug-in or to see if you qualify for a free upgrade.
Abandons Adobe’s Extension Manager CC application as the preferred means of installing CC plug-ins. Because Adobe has deprecated Extension Manager, and, more importantly, because the latest Extension Manager update appears to break installation with zxp files altogether (not that it was ever all that reliable), we have decided to move away from Extension Manager and zxp-based installs.
While we work on creating our own, custom InDesign CC installers, we will be providing our CC plug-ins as manual installations. What this means is that you will need to select the download link in the sidebar that’s appropriate for your OS (Mac OS or Windows), expand the downloaded zip file, and then drag files out of the archive and drop them into your InDesign app’s
Plug-insfolder (for which you’ll need administrative privileges).
Step-by-step installation instructions are included in the readme within the archive.
On Windows, please pay particular attention to whether you’re installing into a 32- or 64-bit application as indicated in InDesign’s About dialog (it shows x32 after the version number for a 32-bit application, x64 for 64-bit). In the download, we’ve included both 32- and 64-bit plug-ins for CC, but only 64-bit plug-ins, the default, for CC 2014 and CC 2015. Please contact support if you find you need the 32-bit plug-ins.
- Adds support for new 10.6-style Finder bookmarks (aliases). (Mac OS X only)
- Adds full support for the auto-detection of HFS and POSIX paths. (Mac OS X only)
- Fixes a problem where shortcuts (aliases) in paths might not always be recognized. (Windows only)
- Improves the handling of UNC and POSIX paths. (Windows only)
- Fixes the Hide window and Don’t show changes View settings, which weren’t working properly. (InDesign CC only)
- Fixes an import problem where keyboard focus wasn’t being restored to the target document after an import. (The cursor would blink but no typing would show up.)
- Fixes a limitation introduced in the 2.2.3 release that was preventing the use of anchored container frames in prototypes.
- Fixes a plug-ins compatibility issue with Windows XP that was introduced by the 2.2.3 release. (InDesign CS5 & CS6 only)