Release: Xdata 4.5 for QuarkXPress 9/10/2015
This release of Xdata adds support for QuarkXPress 2015 (both Windows and Mac OS X!), adds support for QuarkXPress 10 (Mac OS X), and includes a number of fixes and improvements.
Adds support for QuarkXPress 10 on Mac OS X.
Note that the Xdata for QuarkXPress 10 XTension requires QuarkXPress 10.2 or later and will fail to load in versions prior to 10.2. Quark provides free upgrades to 10.5, the most recent version.
Adds support for QuarkXPress 2015 on Windows and Mac OS X.
The QuarkXPress 2015 XTension requires a valid-for-2015 Xdata license. Please contact our sales department to purchase an upgrade license or to obtain a free upgrade if you purchased Xdata within the last nine months.
- Adds support for new-style Finder bookmarks (née aliases). (Mac OS X 10.8 and later only)
- Fixes the handling of file and directory names containing forward slashes. (QuarkXPress 10 on Mac OS X only)
- Fixes a problem introduced in Xdata 4.4 where a
picturenameset to a folder path would fail with an “unknown format” error instead of being treated as a missing picture.
- Fixes the display of the missing picture proxy image (the red ?) which could draw with funky colors and opacity. (QuarkXPress 10 on Mac OS X only)
- Fixes a problem introduced in Xdata 4.4 where string comparisons (of short strings in particular) might report failure even when the strings match.
- Fixes a long-standing headers/footers update problem that was randomly inserting the continued text.
- Fixes a problem where headers and footers wouldn’t update.
- Fixes a problem where headers/footers couldn’t be edited.
- Fixes a problem where a named sub-story wasn’t being selected after being edited.