Release: Xdata 4.6 for QuarkXPress 10/2015/2016
This release of Xdata adds support for QuarkXPress 2016, discontinues support for QuarkXPress 9, and includes some nice improvements.
- Adds support for QuarkXPress 2016. The QuarkXPress 2016 XTension requires a valid Xdata 2016-level license. Please contact our sales department to purchase an upgrade license or to obtain a free upgrade if you purchased Xdata within the last nine months.
- Removes support for QuarkXPress 9. Download links for Xdata 4.5.3, the final version for QuarkXPress 9, can be found in the side-bar on the Xdata 4.5.3 Release page. While we will no longer fix problems in or add features to this older version, we will otherwise provide normal support indefinitely.
- Removes Maximum length of variables from Xdata’s General Preferences dialog. Variables now grow as-needed with an upper limit that’s a little over a million Unicode characters.
- Fixes a problem where picture attributes (like scaling, rotation, etc.) could be lost during an import if QuarkXPress’s Maintain Picture Box Attributes preference setting wasn’t enabled. Picture box attributes are now kept regardless of QuarkXPress’s preference setting.
- Dismisses the import dialog without delay when an error occurs during an import.