Release: WordsFlow 2.7 for InDesign CS5–CC2015
This release adds support for change tracking, moves to
-> as the style group separator in exported Word files, and fixes some issues with updating, exporting, and unlinking.
- Adds change marks to stories that have Track Changes enabled to make merge results from updating and relinking visible in InDesign’s Story Editor. This is actually a big deal, as enables the InDesign user to see what actually happened on the most recent merge-update.
- Adds a warning when updating from a linked document that’s busy (open in Word, for example) instead of letting InDesign disable Update Link with no explanation.
- Displays the Import Options dialog when a file is dragged and dropped onto a document page with the Alt/Option key held down.
- Switches to
->as the style group separator instead of
- Allows the auto-creation of style groups when importing a Word document that uses
->as group separators in style names.
- Fixes a problem where the “flattened” styles fix in the 2.6.9 release wasn’t handling style names containing one or more colons.
- Fixes a problem introduced in the 2.6.8 release that was allowing WordsFlow to highjack DocsFlow links.
- Works around an intermittent problem with some fonts (such as “Glamor Medium”) that could cause updates to fail with a
ParseErrorwhen updating from a linked Word file.
- Fixes a problem that was disabling the Unlink menu if the selected link was found by InDesign’s Find Missing Links Before Opening Document feature when WordsFlow wasn’t present.
- Fixes an export problem with composite fonts.
- Fixes a problem introduced in the 2.6.8 release which could cause updates to fail due to table modifications.
- Fixes a problem where updating a story containing cross-references could cause InDesign to freeze.