Release: Xtags 2.1.1 for InDesign CS5–CC2014
July 11, 2014 by car
This release adds compatibility with InDesign CC 2014 and a few minor fixes.
- Adds support for InDesign CC 2014. The CC 2014 plug-in is a free update from CC that requires a valid Xtags CC-level or CC 2014-level (version 9 or 10) license. Please contact our sales department to purchase an upgrade license from a pre-CC plug-in or to see if you qualify for a free upgrade.
- Adds support for longer extension names when entered as Additional text file types in Xtags’s Preferences panel.
- Adds handy menu links to Help > Xtags for internet-based product support.
- Works around a problem that could cause InDesign CS6 to shut down when importing text containing anchored frame tags via File > Place…. Unfortunately, this workaround could prevent anchored frames from sizing to their content during the import. If frames not sizing properly is a problem, then the only solution is to use File > Import Text with Xtags… instead of File > Place… when importing Xtags text. (CS6 only)
- Fixes a problem where a plug-in might not find its license code if it’s being used in both the 32-bit and 64-bit InDesign CC applications in Windows. (Windows only)
This is actually a re-release of 2.1 that contains a workaround for a serious bug we found in one of the Microsoft Visual Studio tools we use to build our CC 2014 Windows plug-ins.